Twitter Polls are a great way to interact with your audience and bring their voice into your production. Whether you are asking for input to drive future coverage, having a vote on jersey combinations for the next game or hosting real-time trivia, the opportunities are endless.
Twitter Polls offer simple one-click voting for your audience. With Tagboard, you can visualize the real-time results in a Smart Panel.
For more information on creating a Twitter poll, click here.
Start by titling your Twitter Poll Smart Panel in the upper left corner. Then you can begin to customize your real-time poll. We'll walk step-by-step through the Twitter poll builder.
Begin by finding the poll on Twitter that you want to visualize. Copy and paste the direct URL link for the poll into the text field. The Twitter Poll will automatically populate in the preview window.
Layout & Styles
Once you've entered the Twitter Poll URL, you can then stylize your Smart panel. Choose between two layout options: fullscreen or lower third.
- Enable Background: The background is enabled by default. If you toggle the background off, the Twitter Poll will be on a transparent background. (Tip: This is a great option if you want to drag and drop the Twitter Poll onto a display theme, to visualize in between individual social posts.)
- Type: If the background is enabled, choose between a solid color, gradient, or select an image from your account media library.
- Live Update: When live update is turned on, the Twitter Poll will update on your Smart Panel in real time as users vote. (Tip: The results will update constantly at regular intervals, that are no longer than 30 seconds apart. If you want to see movement while your poll is live on your screen, keep this in mind as you plan your rundown!)
- Show Voting Info: Toggle on if you want to display the total number of votes on the poll. It will also display whether the poll is still open or if it has ended.
- Show Timestamp: Toggle on to display the date and time of when the poll was posted on Twitter.
Once you have customized your Twitter poll, add appropriate tags in the bottom left corner to make your Smart Panel easier to search and access. Click 'Save' in the upper right corner, and you're ready to go live with your Twitter Poll Smart Panel in Tagboard Producer!
Need more assistance? Contact your Account Manager directly or email Support@tagboard.com.