- Tagboard is a web-based application
- Tagboard runs in any up-to-date browser, but we recommend Google Chrome (for its security, speed, and ability to go fullscreen without controls or toolbars in view)
- Tagboard requires broadband internet (20 Mbps minimum recommended), and standard HTTPS (SSL) ports for web browsing
There are several ways you can use Tagboard to visualize your story:
- Laptop-to-screen via appropriate cable connection (HDMI, DVI, or VGA)
- Signal conversion via scan converter, mixer, or scaler
- Direct URL input to production software
Tagboard can fit on any size monitor or screen. As long as the monitor can display a website or a video source from a website, Tagboard can fill the screen responsively or cropped using a safe zone.
Option 1: Laptop-to-screen via appropriate wired connection (HDMI, DVI, or VGA)
Goal: leverage a laptops video output using the appropriate wired signal (HDMI, DVI, or VGA) to mirror or extend laptop display on screens, TVs, projectors, or video walls.
- Simply launch your live display URL on a laptop web browser
- Adjust your device's power settings so that it never sleeps or changes to a screen saver
- Connect the device using the appropriate cable to the screen. Ensure device screen dimensions match the ratio of your screen if mirroring, or choose to Extend the display and drag browser window onto connected screen
- Launch the browser into fullscreen to hide the navigation bar. Within the "View" dropdown, ensure "Always Show Bookmarks Bar" and "Always Show Toolbar in Full Screen" are unchecked.
Option 2: Full Screen Router Source Using Scan Converter
Goal: convert computer signal to broadcast video format for full-frame graphics, DVE and PiP graphics, keyed elements for lower thirds and bugs, or to scale and crop the signal appropriately.
Repeat steps in Option 1 above, but feed the output signal through your scan converter, mixer, or scaler for use within your production system. The output signal can be chroma-keyed or cropped and overlaid if it is not a full-screen layout.
Option 3: Direct URL Input to Production Software
Goal: leverage the HTML playback capabilities within certain production software to eliminate hardware needed to bring in Tagboard as an input source.
Not every production software has this functionality and those that do may have their own terminology and limitations, but in general, any software that has HTML5 input support should allow you to add a Tagboard display URL as its own layer/input within the switcher.
Livestream Switchers and Encoders:
- On livestream and encoder platforms like Lightstream, Grabyo, Kiswe, or OBS Studio that support HTML5 input sources, simply add a new input within your production, paste the display URL from Tagboard Producer, and make sure the dimensions of your input match your output (standard broadcast practice is 1920x1080px)
- If your Tagboard Graphics or Display Themes are not fullscreen, we recommend using a transparent chromakey as the platform will recognize it as an alpha channel. You can set this in the Display Theme settings or master Tagboard Producer background color picker located in the bottom left.
- Learn about livestreaming best practices here on Tagboard Resources
Control Room Production Systems
- Some control room systems like Daktronics, allow you to input Tagboard display URLs directly into the system to fill certain sections of a screen similar to livestream encoders
- For Daktronics specifically, the URL will need to be added as a .uri file. Learn more about this on the Daktronics support page
Final checklist before you go live 🎬
- Check your Internet connection - the faster the better! Tagboard is all cloud-based, so we recommend at least 20mbps
- Set the computer you are using to run your display to never go to sleep or show the screen saver
- Enter "do not disturb" mode and disable any popups
- Chrome is our browser of choice. If you will be using any audio from your display, configure your browser to make sure you get sound. Go to chrome://settings/content/sound. Add these websites to allow audio to play by default: https://live.tagboard.com, https://display.tagboard.com, https://producer.tagboard.com
- Enter fullscreen mode so you don't see the toolbar. Click "View" in the top toolbar, then "Enter Full Screen". Make sure the option to "Always Show Toolbar in Full Screen Mode" is not checked.
- You can also keep this PDF handy to reference before going live
- Have a great show!
Need more assistance? Contact your Account Manager directly or email Support@tagboard.com.