Advanced Search lets you find content from all of our supported networks, but works best with Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook content. You can search for keywords, phrases, @handles, and, of course, #hashtags.
How to get to Advanced Search
First, you’ll need to create a tagboard or open an existing tagboard. Then, from either the Latest or Featured tabs, hover over the magnifying glass icon on the far right of the header, and click Find more content.
The Advanced Search window will overlay your tagboard, and you can go back by clicking the X to return.
Searching for Content
The search bar accepts up to 10 search terms. Use the tab key to lock in a term. Terms can be:
- A word or short phrase
- An @handle (we’ll look across networks for content created by that @handle)
- A #hashtag
You must have Instagram connected to each team member's account in the Account Dashboard
By default, terms are required, and posts will only show if they contain every required term.
Beginning a term with a "+" makes it a conditional term. Posts shown will contain at least one conditional term.
In this search, the term "Super Bowl" is required, so we will search for posts with that term and any one of the three hashtags.
If you want to limit results to a location, click where it says “Everywhere” or “Filter by location.” Locations can be anything from a country, to a state, city, and even specific venues. Anything in Google’s location database.
Location Filtering Limitations
Location searches may significantly limit results. The majority of content created on social networks does not have location information.
Click the Search button.
- We introduced location filtering above. If you want to limit results to a location, click where it says Everywhere or Filter by location. Locations can be anything from a country, to a state, city, and even specific venues. Anything in Google’s location database.
- The Filter button offers a number of toggles to fine-grain the results to “only photos” or “only video from Instagram.” Anything that is checked will be included in results. By default, this is set to All.
- Safe search is on by default and must be manually unchecked to return known unsafe results. This isn’t an absolute guarantee against unsafe or explicit content-- we’re generally only applying the minimum FCC bad words list.
- Verified Users is not checked by default, but it allows you limit your search results to posts from verified Twitter/Facebook accounts only (not supported on Instagram, Google+, or Flickr).
- Click Save to apply the filter changes.
Currently, you can save (and recall) up to 10 searches to be recalled at a later time.
Saving a search
- After you’ve set up a search, click the Save icon in the toolbar to save the search. If you already have 10 searches saved, the oldest search will drop off.
Recalling a search
- With an empty search bar, click into the search bar and a dropdown will list your last 10 saved searches.
Deleting saved searches
- You can delete a saved search by clicking the X next to it in the Saved search dropdown.
- You can clear all saved searches by clicking the Clear button in the Saved search dropdown.
Working with Content in Advanced Search
Content in Advanced Search works very much like it does on your tagboard, with some minor differences:
- Advanced Search is optimized for Content Rights & Consent, with an easy shortcut to the Request rights window on any supported content.
- Blocking posts and users is not available in Advanced Search.
- New content that matches the search will appear at the top, with a prompt to load New Results.
- For performance reasons, not all content that matched the search will always be shown. At the bottom of the search window, you can click Load More to load more content.
Need more assistance? Contact your Account Manager directly or email Support@tagboard.com.